What is a bulk voice call service or an Automated IVR service?
When you want to convey a message to a large number people, you can do this using voice calls. You can record the message you’d like to convey and
send it to your customers using an IVR.
This service is referred to by many names including bulk calls, bulk voice campaigns, automated IVR calls, voice message blast, voice over SMS, etc.
There is a very simple to configure app available on Exotel that allows you to do this. It is called the “Shoutout App”.
You can record a message, upload a list of phone, set the time at which you’d like the calls to go out and hit send. That’s it!
How does the Shoutout App work for IVR call blasts?
All you need to do is to record the message you’d like to convey and upload a list of phone numbers that you would like to send this to and configure the app. You’re then, good to go.
How can you use Automated IVR for your business?
While bulk voice calls sound spammy, they are an excellent way to broadcast messages. Some of the ways in which businesses have used this in the past include:
1. Reminder services – for medicines, appointments, tasks, deadlines, payments etc.
2. RSVP confirmations – for events
3. Garnering support – for marketing campaigns, NGOs, election campaigns, etc.
4. Advertising – for brands, outbound call center campaigns
Why should you rely on Exotel?
You can schedule an Automated IVR campaign for even a large number of customers without having to worry about:
– Channel capacity
– System bandwidth
– 99.95% uptime
Another big advantage is that you can only schedule a campaign like this for your customers or for people who’ve given you explicit permission to get in touch with them. You can not target mobile numbers listed as DND. We say this is an advantage because this is the best way for you to avoid any TRAI guidelines violation.
Some Best Practices to Follow:
1. Keep the message short: no one likes to listen to a recorded voice endlessly. Keep it short. Our recommendation is that you keep it shorter than 30 seconds.
2. Make your message clear: the voice needs to be clear about what you’re trying to say.
3. Include a call to action: make sure your customers know what to do at the end of the automated call.
4. Call at a decent hour: Make sure your calls go out a time that won’t inconvenience your customers. Afternoons or early evenings usually work the best.
We have worked across cloud telephony players and with other vendors, but the fact is Exotel is dependable.
Exotel's APIs are very clearly defined. Our tech team could integrate them in no time. It’s easy to incorporate into any product.
We used to use a traditional PBX system before. But that doesn’t have the capabilities of Exotel’s IVR system. So, we decided to use Exotel for our IVR cancellation system.
Best success rates, voice quality and reduced latency
Grow at will, expand without worrying about infrastructure
Best in class uptimes of 99.94% including operator uptimes
18×7 customer support via phone, email and Twitter
Sign up and get started in less than 30 minutes, integrate easily using our REST APIs
Easy to understand, detailed reports sent every day